1. Meetings are the Fourth Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Napoleon Township Hall, 6755 Napoleon Road.
Applicant(s) or a representative must attend the meeting.
2. Notice of the hearing will be sent to all property owners within 300 feet of the property where the zoning change, conditional use, or home occupation is being requested. One notice will be published in the newspaper explaining the request for zoning change, conditional use, special land use, home occupation, site plan or amendments to the zoning ordinance. Notices and publication are required by Public Act 110 of 2006.
4. In granting any conditional use or home occupation, the Planning Commission and/or Township Board may prescribe appropriate conditions and safeguards in conforming to the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance. Violations of such conditions and safeguards, when made a part of the terms under which the conditional use or home occupation is granted, shall be deemed a violation of the Zoning Ordinance. The Planning Commission will have grounds to terminate and cancel such permits.
5. A conditional use, home occupation or site plan granted under the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance shall become null and void unless the construction, occupancy of land or building authorized by such conditional use or home occupation permit has not commenced or taken place within three hundred sixty-five (365) days after the granting of such conditional use or home occupation.
6. No application for a zoning change, conditional use or home occupation, which has been denied wholly or in part by the Township Board, shall be resubmitted for a period of three hundred sixty-five (365) days from such denial, except on grounds of new evidence or proof of changed conditions found by either the Planning Commission and/or Township Board to be valid.